Cultural Villages are the heart of Riverlights Multicultural Festival and we would like to send a big thanks to all of the Cultural Villages that attended the event in February 2018.
February 2018 Cultural Villages
- Afghanistan (Hazara) – Hazara Hunter Community
- Afghanistan – Hunter Afghan Community
- Bangladesh – Newcastle Bangladeshi Community Inc
- China – Newcastle & Hunter Valley Chinese Association
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – Congolese Community of Newcastle
- Ethiopia – Ethiopian Families of Newcastle & Hunter
- France – Alliance Francaise de Newcastle
- India – Hunter Indian Community
- Indonesia – Indonesian Australian Community (Newcastle and Hunter Region Inc)
- Japan – Hunter Japanese Community
- Kenya – Wananchi Newcastle (Kenyan Community)
- Korea – Newcastle Korean Language School
- North Sudan – Maitland North Sudan Community
- Philippines – Pinoy Community Cultural Class Inc
- Russia Federation – Russian speaking Community of Newcastle & Hunter
- South Sudan – Maitland South Sudan Community
- Syria – Newcastle Syrian Community
- Tamil – Newcastle Tamil Sangam
- Tibet – Tibetan Community of Newcastle Inc.
- Vietnam – Maitland Vietnamese Community
Riverlights Cultural Villages are the heart of the festival.
Representing different nations and cultures, in 2018 the Cultural Villages will offer free interactive experiences, delicious food sampling and arts and crafts for sale.
Visit each one to taste traditional food, learn more about the culture and collect a stamp in your official Riverlights Cultural Passport, which are available from festival volunteers at the event.